The Road Commission for Oakland County (RCOC) will close northbound Orchard Lake Road between Ten Mile Road and Eleven Mile Road in Farmington Hills on approximately August 11 for the replacement and repair of culverts under the road.
Northbound traffic will be prohibited in this section of Orchard Lake for the duration of the project with intermittent closures of the southbound lanes as well. The detour for traffic during these closures will be Ten Mile Road to Middlebelt Road to Eleven Mile Road and back to Orchard Lake Road and vice versa. The work will last about two months, finishing mid-October.
The project will cost approximately $720,000 and will be paid for by RCOC.
This project includes:
- Removal and replacement of the culvert under northbound Orchard Lake Road
- Concrete paving over the culvert
- Rehabilitation of the portion of the culvert under the southbound lanes
- Guardrail installation
- Replacement of concrete curbs and gutters
- Sidewalk improvements in the vicinity of the culvert
- New pavement markings and traffic signs
The contractor for this project is VIL Construction Inc. of Sterling Heights. Northbound Orchard Lake Road carries approximately 11,000 vehicles daily.
For more information on the project, visit the Maloney Street Bridge Replacement project page in the “Road Projects” section of the RCOC website, www.rcocweb.org (direct link: http://rcocweb.org/592/Orchard-Lake-Road-Culvert-Farmington-Hil).