May 22, 2023 10:00 AM
WESTBOUND TEN MILE RD, FROM HAGGERTY TO MEADOWBROOK IN NOVI, IS CLOSED FOR CONTINUED CONSTRUCTION
The Road Commission for Oakland County (RCOC), in partnership with the City of Novi, has closed westbound Ten Mile Road from Haggerty Road to Meadowbrook Road in the city, starting today, Monday, May 22, for continued construction.
Eastbound Ten Mile Road from Meadowbrook to Haggerty is open to traffic. The road has been closed to both directions while the Road Commission completes the removal and replacement of culverts under the road.
The work is part of the Ten Mile Road, Meadowbrook Road to Haggerty Road, rehabilitation project.
During the westbound closure, access to homes will be maintained using eastbound Ten Mile Road. The detour for westbound traffic during the closure is Haggerty Road to Grand River Avenue to Meadowbrook Road, back to Ten Mile Road.
The approximately $9.6 million project is funded mostly with federal dollars. The remaining funds are split between the City of Novi, RCOC and Oakland County general government through the Tri-Party Program.
In addition to the completed culvert work, the project also includes:
• Milling (grinding off) the existing road surface, Meadowbrook to Haggerty, and repaving with asphalt
• Implementing safety improvements including a continuous, center left-turn lane; adding and extending selected right-turn and deceleration lanes; and widening road shoulders
• Repairing and replacing curbs and gutters
• Upgrading pedestrian crosswalks to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
• Adding an eight-foot-wide sidewalk along the south side of this section of Ten Mile Road
• Upgrading the traffic signals at the 10 Mile/Meadowbrook and 10 Mile/Cranbrook intersections
• Watermain work that will be done by the City of Novi
Pavement repairs at the Ten Mile Road/Haggerty Road intersection were completed in the fall of 2022.
The contractor for the work is Toebe Construction of Wixom. This section of Ten Mile Road carries approximately 16,000 vehicles daily.
The road is expected to fully reopen to traffic in mid-August. Paving work with lane closures will continue into September.
For more information on the project, visit the Ten Mile Road, Haggerty to Meadowbrook, project page in the “Road Projects” section of the RCOC website, www.rcocweb.org (direct link: https://www.rcocweb.org/613/Ten-Mile-Road-Meadowbrook-to-Haggerty-Ro).
For questions on the project, contact RCOC through any of the following methods:
• Online at www.rcocweb.org
• By telephone at 877-858-4808 (Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:15 p.m.)
• Via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org