Walton Blvd., Clintonville Road to the Pontiac City Limits-COMPLETE
The Road Commission for Oakland County (RCOC), in partnership with Waterford Township, will host a public information meeting Wednesday, Jan. 11, about the planned resurfacing work on Walton Blvd, from Clintonville Road to the Pontiac city border. The meeting is from 4:30 p.m. until 7 p.m. at the Grayson Elementary School, 3800 West Walton Blvd., in Waterford Township. The meeting will be open-house format there will not be a formal presentation. RCOC staff will be present to answer questions throughout the meeting.
PROJECT LIMITS: Clintonville Road to the Pontiac city limits
COMMUNITY: Waterford Township
The approximate $4.95 million project with federal dollars , the RCOC, Waterford Township and Oakland County general government (through the Tri-Party Program).
The 1.32-mile project includes:
- Pavement removal
- Paving with asphalt
- Some gutter/curb removals and replacements
- Traffic signal upgrade at Walton Blvd./Silver Lake Road. The upgrade will include traffic signal backplates to improve visibility.
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)-compliant crosswalks
- New signage and pavement markings
- Side-street approach improvements
work contractor/timeframe/road closures:
CONTRACTOR: Florence Cement
CONTRACTOR WEBSITE: https://www.florencecement.com/
PROJECT START: June 6
Mid-November October 27 for mainline paving completion (there will be continued lane closures for behind-the-curb restoration and miscellaneous work). ROAD CLOSURE : Silver Lake Road will close at Walton Blvd. will close starting July 31 through August 21 25 for intersection construction. SILVER LAKE ROAD DETOUR : Vehicles traveling north from Silver Lake Road to Walton Blvd.; the detour is Dixie Highway to Sashabaw Road to Walton Blvd. Vehicles traveling south from Walton Blvd. to Silver Lake Road; the detour is Telegraph Road to Dixie Highway to Silver Lake Road.
SIDE STREET APPROACH CLOSURES:
- Starting Monday, September 11, Ironton Drive at Walton Blvd. will close for street approach construction. Once Ironton Drive is complete and open, the contractor will work Muskovie Road for street approach construction. The Muskovie Road approach will remain open during the work with flaggers directing traffic when necessary. Completion is expected on September 25.
- Starting Monday, September 11, Angelus Drive and the western Adlake Drive approach to Walton Blvd. will close for street approach construction. The eastern Adlake Drive approach will remain open for residential access. Once both approaches are complete and open to traffic, the eastern half of the Adlake Drive approach at Walton Blvd. will close for street approach construction. Completion is expected on September 25.