- Residents/Common Questions
- Road Projects
- Novi Road (9 Mile to 10 Mile Road)
Novi Road (9 Mile to 10 Mile Road)
PROJECT LIMITS: South of 9 Mile Road to north of 10 Mile Road
FUNDING: The approximate $4.1 million project is mostly funded with federal dollars, with the remainder shared by the Road Commission for Oakland County., City of Novi and Oakland County general government (through the Tri-Party Program).
The approximate $3.8 million project includes:
- Grinding off (milling) the existing asphalt surface of Novi Road from Vero Ct. (just south of 9 Mile Road) to Nick Lidstrom Drive (south of 10 Mile Road) and resurfacing with asphalt.
- Removal and replacement of three culverts under Novi Road.
- Replacement of deteriorated concrete at the Novi Road/10 Mile Road intersection.
- Improvements to storm sewers and drainage.
- Upgrades to the guardrail.
- Upgrades to pedestrian crossings to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Upgrades to traffic signals at 9 Mile Road/Novi Road and Nick Lidstrom Drive/Novi Road.
- Extension of the center left-turn lane on Novi Road from Nick Lidstrom Drive south to Little Falls Blvd.
- Tree removal (starting approximately March 6 through March 17).
- New curbs and gutters.
- Utility relocations.
- New signs and pavement markings.
CONTRACTOR: Springline Excavating
CONTRACTOR WEBSITE: https://www.springlinex.com/about.html
10PROJECT TIMELINE/ROAD CLOSURE INFORMATION:
STAGE I CONSTRUCTION START DATE: 3/20/23
- STAGE 1 involves the repair and replacement of concrete at the Novi Road/10 Mile Road intersection. The work will be done under lane closures.
STAGE 2 CONSTRUCTION START: 4/24/23 (approximately) Novi Road from 9 Mile to 10 Mile Road will be fully close to through traffic. Residential and business access are maintained.
- STAGE 2 includes the replacement of three culverts under Novi Road. Work is expected to last for approximately 35 calendar days.
- During this work, Novi Road will close to through traffic between 9 Mile and 10 Mile roads. Local access to homes and businesses will be maintained.
- STAGE 2 DETOUR: 9 Mile Road to Meadowbrook Road to 10 Mile Road, back to Novi Road and vice versa.
STAGE 3 CONSTRUCTION START: TBA (Novi Road, from 9 Mile Road to 10 Mile Road will be open to southbound traffic only)
- STAGE 3 involves the resurfacing of Novi Road; including the extension of the center left-turn lane on Novi Road from Nick Lidstrom Drive south to Little Falls Blvd
- During Stage 3 construction, Novi Road will remain open for southbound traffic only.
- STAGE 3 DETOUR FOR NORTHBOUND TRAFFIC: 9 Mile Road to Meadowbrook Road to 10 Mile Road, back to Novi Road.
PROJECT COMPLETION: Late Fall