- Residents/Common Questions
- Completed Road Projects
- 12 Mile Road, Greenfield to Coolidge 2020
12 Mile Road, Greenfield to Coolidge 2020
Project description: Resurfacing 12 Mile Road from Greenfield Road to Coolidge Hwy. beginning approximately June 1. At that time, the contractor expects to close 12 Mile Road from Greenfield Road to Ellwood Street for approximately one month. After that, 12 Mile Road will remain open to two-way traffic for the duration of the project.
12 Mile Road project information updated flier
- Project includes:
- Milling road surface and paving with asphalt
- Reconstruction of 12 Mile Road from Greenfield to Ellwood Avenue (will close to through traffic during the work from approximately June 1 to approximately July 1)
- Side street approaches to 12 Mile Road rehabilitation and reconstruction
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)-compliant sidewalk ramps and signal upgrades
- New curbs and gutters
- Some drainage improvements
- New traffic signs and pavement markings
Project start: June 1, 2020 (utility relocation began in April and is expected to be completed in June; there will be periodic lane closures for the work).
Project completion: Fall (
approximately mid to late October)
Contractor: Pro-Line Asphalt
Contractor website: CLICK HERE
Road Closure: The contractor is expected to close 12 Mile Road between Greenfield Road and Ellwood Avenue from June 1 until July 13 (closure date extended due to utility conflicts below the road surface). For the remainder of the project, one lane will remain open in each direction. Pedestrian and business access will be maintained throughout the project. Detour Route: For the closure of 12 Mile Mile Road between Greenfield Road and Ellwood Avenue is Greenfield Road to Eleven Mile Road to Coolidge Hwy, back to 12 Mile Road vice versa.
Traffic switch: Two-way traffic is expected to be switched from the north side of 12 Mile Road from Greenfield to Coolidge to the south side of the road on Monday, Aug. 31.
Estimated project cost and funding sources: The approximate $2.7 million is 80% funded with federal dollars with the remaining cost shared by the City of Berkley and the Road Commission for Oakland County and Oakland County general government (through the Tri-Party Program).
PROJECT INFORMATION PUBLIC MEETINGS:
- Two public meetings for the project will take place on Wednesday, March 11, 2020
- 9 am -11 am at the Berkley City Hall Council Chambers, 3338 Coolidge Hwy., Berkley
- 4 pm-7 pm at the Berkley High School Collaborative Center, 2325 Catalpa Drive, Berkley
- 12 Mile Road Public Information meeting flier: CLICK HERE
QUESTIONS? Call us at 877-858-4804 or email email@example.com
Traffic shift on 12 Mile Road from Greenfield to Coolidge expected on Aug. 31
C&G News article on the 12 Mile Road Project (June 9, 2020)
REMINDER! Resurfacing work on 12 Mile Road from Greenfield to Coolidge starts June 1
12 Mile Resurfacing, from Greenfield to Coolidge in Berkley, set to begin June 1 (full closure between Greenfield and Ellwood)
12 Mile Road Public Information Meeting Flier
Two public information meetings are scheduled for March 11 for 12 Mile Road construction between Greenfield and Coolidge Hwy.
Oakland County Times article on public meetings