- Road: Dixboro Road Gravel Paving
- Project Limits: 8 Mile Road to 9 Mile Road
- Community: Lyon Township, South Lyon and Green Oak Township (Livingston County)
The $3.46 million is funded primarily with federal road funding distributed through the Huron Valley Federal Aid Committee ($1.96 million). The remaining costs are split by the Road Commission for Oakland County, South Lyon, Lyon Township and Green Oak Township.
- One mile of asphalt paving (2020)
- Construction of concrete curbs and gutters (2020)
- Improved roadway drainage (2020)
- Replace twin steel culverts (2019)
- Removal of bad soils (2019)
- Tree removal (2019)
Project time lines/road closures:
- Fall 2019 closure: Oct. 1 (for bad soil excavation, culvert replacement and tree removal; road will reopen early December and then close again for paving in the Spring of 2020).
- Spring 2020 closure: March 30, 2020
- End Date: June 29, 2020
- Detour: Yes, 8 Mile Road to Pontiac Trail to 9 Mile Road, back to Dixboro Road and vice versa. Residential access will be maintained.