12 Mile Road (Greenfield to Coolidge)
Project limits: Greenfield Road to Coolidge Hwy
Estimated project cost and funding sources: The approximate $2.3 million is 80% funded with federal dollars with the remaining cost shared by the City of Berkley and the RCOC.
- Project includes:
- Milling road surface and paving with asphalt
- Reconstruction of 12 Mile Road from Greenfield to Ellwood Avenue (will close to through traffic during the work)
- Side street approaches to 12 Mile Road rehabilitation and reconstruction
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)-compliant sidewalk ramps and signal upgrades
- New curb and gutter
- Some drainage improvements
- New signage and pavement markings
Project start: August, TBA (utility relocation will start in April and is expected to be completed in June; there will be periodic lane closures for the work) Work will be suspended during the Woodward Dream Cruise weekend.
Project completion: Late fall
Detour: The contractor is expected to close 12 Mile Road between Greenfield Road and Ellwood Avenue for approximately one month for reconstruction (details TBA). For the remaining project, one lane will remain open in each direction. Pedestrian and business access will be maintained throughout the project.
Detour Route: For the closure of 12 Mile Mile Road between Greenfield Road and Ellwood Avenue will be Greenfield Road to Eleven Mile Road to Coolidge Hwy, back to 12 Mile Road vice versa.
PROJECT INFORMATION PUBLIC MEETINGS:
- Two public meetings for the project will take place on Wednesday, March 11, 2020
- 9 am -11 am at the Berkley City Hall Council Chambers, 3338 Coolidge Hwy., Berkley
- 4 pm-7 pm at the Berkley High School Collaborative Center, 2325 Catalpa Drive, Berkley
- 12 Mile Road Public Information meeting flier: CLICK HERE