Project description: This project involves the resurfacing of North Holly Road from north of Grange Hall Road north to the Oakland County/Genesee County border.
Project limits: From north of Grange Road to the county border
Communities: Village of Holly and Holly Township
Estimated project cost and funding sources: $4.3 million. Funding provided by a $3 million federal TIGER grant and with remaining funds from the Road Commission for Oakland County (RCOC).
- 4.5 miles of asphalt resurfacing includes:
- Reconstruction of road in three locations and raising elevations to improve drainage
- Reconstruction of a retaining wall and hill adjustments at the North Holly and Belford Road intersection to improve sight distances
- Culvert maintenance at Swartz Creek
- Safety improvements including:
- High-friction surface treatment on some curves
- New guardrail
Project start: June
Project completion: TBA
Road closure: Yes, details TBA (residential and business access will be maintained)
Through traffic detour: Holly Road to Grange Hall Road to Dixie Highway to Baldwin Road (Genesee County), back to Holly Road and vice versa.
A public meeting regarding the 2020 construction of Holly Road took place on Tuesday, February 25, 2020, from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the Holly Middle, 14470 North Holly Road, Holly, MI. Meeting and project information: CLICK HERE Version OptionsHolly Road Headline