Maple Road, Inkster to Franklin Road
Project: Maple Road (2021 construction)
Project limits: Inkster Road to Franklin Road
Community: Bloomfield Township
Cost: $4.55 million. Eighty percent of the cost is will be paid with federal road funds. The remainder is split by the R.C.O.C., Bloomfield Township and Oakland County general government (through the Tri-Party Program). The pathway extension is fully funded by the township.
- Tree removal (December 2020)
- Utility relocation will place over the winter and spring and is expected to be completed by June 1, 2021
- Resurfacing with asphalt, construction work expected to start in April of 2021
- Addition of a center, left-turn lane from Inkster to east of Northam Road
- Upgrading right-turn lanes
- Extension of the pathway on the north side of Maple Road from Inkster to Westmoor Road, including the addition of Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)-compliant crosswalks and upgraded pedestrian-crosswalk signals.
- Drainage improvements including ditch work, storm sewer installation.
- New curb and gutter
- Placement of new traffic signals, signs and pavement markings
- Culvert removal and replacement (located between Northam Road and Castle Drive)
Contractor: Dan's Excavating
Road closure: Yes, in 2021. Details to be announced
Detour: Yes, dates to be announced in 2021. The detour is Inkster Road to Walnut Lake Road to Franklin Road, back to Maple Road and vice versa.
Maple Road from Inkster to Franklin Road to close Nov. 30-Dec 18 for utility relocation work (reopened to traffic on Dec. 11, 2020)