12 Mile Road (Greenfield to Coolidge)
Project description: Resurfacing 12 Mile Road from Greenfield Road to Coolidge Hwy. beginning approximately June 1. At that time, the contractor expects to close 12 Mile Road from Greenfield Road to Ellwood Street for approximately one month. After that, 12 Mile Road will remain open to two-way traffic for the duration of the project.
- Project includes:
- Milling road surface and paving with asphalt
- Reconstruction of 12 Mile Road from Greenfield to Ellwood Avenue (will close to through traffic during the work from approximately June 1 to approximately July 1)
- Side street approaches to 12 Mile Road rehabilitation and reconstruction
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)-compliant sidewalk ramps and signal upgrades
- New curbs and gutters
- Some drainage improvements
- New traffic signs and pavement markings
Project start: June 1, 2020 (utility relocation began in April and is expected to be completed in June; there will be periodic lane closures for the work). Work will be suspended during the Woodward Dream Cruise weekend, Aug. 13-17.
Project completion: Late fall
Contractor: Pro-Line Asphalt
Road Closure: The contractor is expected to close 12 Mile Road between Greenfield Road and Ellwood Avenue from June 1 until July 13 (closure date extended due to utility conflicts below the road surface). For the remainder of the project, one lane will remain open in each direction. Pedestrian and business access will be maintained throughout the project.
Detour Route: For the closure of 12 Mile Mile Road between Greenfield Road and Ellwood Avenue is Greenfield Road to Eleven Mile Road to Coolidge Hwy, back to 12 Mile Road vice versa.
Estimated project cost and funding sources: The approximate $2.7 million is 80% funded with federal dollars with the remaining cost shared by the City of Berkley and the Road Commission for Oakland County and Oakland County general government (through the Tri-Party Program).
PROJECT INFORMATION PUBLIC MEETINGS:
- Two public meetings for the project will take place on Wednesday, March 11, 2020
- 9 am -11 am at the Berkley City Hall Council Chambers, 3338 Coolidge Hwy., Berkley
- 4 pm-7 pm at the Berkley High School Collaborative Center, 2325 Catalpa Drive, Berkley
- 12 Mile Road Public Information meeting flier: CLICK HERE 12 Mile Road Public Information meeting flier: CLICK HERE 12 Mile Road Public Information meeting flier: CLICK HERE 12 Mile Road Public Information meeting flier: CLICK HERE
QUESTIONS? Call us at 877-858-4804 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
C&G News article on the 12 Mile Road Project (June 9, 2020)
12 Mile Resurfacing, from Greenfield to Coolidge in Berkley, set to begin June 1 (full closure between Greenfield and Ellwood)