Big Beaver Road COMPLETE
- Road: Big Beaver Road
- Project limits: Adams Road and Woodward Avenue (M-1)
- Communities: Birmingham and Bloomfield Township
Big Beaver Road is closed from Woodward to Adams for Consumer's Energy utility relocation work in anticipation of RCOC's reconstruction of the road. Traffic detour for the full closure is Woodward to Long Lake to Adams back to Big Beaver and vice versa. Business and residential access within the construction zone will be maintained throughout the project. Reconstruction work will begin after utility relocation work is complete. The $5.8 million project includes: Complete reconstruction and repaving with asphalt. Center left-turn lane added between Woodward and Brookdale. Replacement of dual culvert that carries River Rouge under Big Beaver Road. Railroad bridge repairs to be done by Grand Trunk Railroad.
- Contractor: Angelo Iafrate Construction
- Start date: March 3, 2016 (Consumer's Energy utility relocation work)
- End date: OCTOBER 18, 2016 AFTER 6 PM ROAD WILL REOPEN
Detour: Yes Detour route: Woodward Avenue to Long Lake Road to Adams Road back to Big Beaver and vice versa.
Big Beaver informational flier
Big Beaver Road Construction Photos